Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Monster Dog

The wife occasionally rescues Corgis who have found themselves homeless for one reason or the other. I am proud of her for the work and effort she puts into this, as she has successfully found good homes for a dozen or so dogs who might have otherwise been destroyed.

Now...a typical Corgi will stand about 10 inches and weigh in around 20-25 pounds. Imagine my shock when I first laid eyes on the Dogstrosity she brought home last week. His name is Winston, he is a really nice looking and friendly dog. But, at 52pounds, he walks the line between dog and pot belly pig.

As the wife has begun the process of finding him a home, I have suggested we find Sasquatch. I think it would be a great companion for him.

I threw in a photo of Katie for comparison purposes.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good lord, Winston. You and I needs to go for a run!

Todd said...

Obviously, this dog has been fed- quite frequently I might add. Still a grate dog. Big dogs are grate at just lying around being big.

Billyfish said...

The weird thing is, he is really pretty active and fun loving. He will fetch and play tug and chase the water hose. We don't know how he got so big, but he is on a crash diet and exercise program. He ain't too happy about green beans and a small amount of dog food at every meal, but he eats it up pretty quick.

Unknown said...

What's not to love about green beans?

I wanna play chase the water hose.