Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The New American Taliban

Tonight, I can relate to the plight of the Taliban. I too, now hate America. I watched the opening episode of "America's Got Talent" for 15 horrific minutes, and I can understand now why they hate America. Is this truly what the majority of Americans consider entertainment now? I am not talking about you faithful readers. You have proven your superior intellect (at least when compared to the American average) with your various postings and remarks.

Good Lord, save us all! This was the first time in many years I have strayed far enough away from the History Channel and Discovery during prime time to get a taste of what's considered mainstream. That had to be the most painful 15 minutes of TV I have watched in lo these 49 years.

Last nights radio again spoke of the total absence of sunspot activity for the past three months, and I was reminded that according to the Mayan calendar, the world will cease to exist in 2012. The best I can figure is, it takes about four years for the Sun to burn out once it begins to run out of fuel. After tonight's experience, the darkness cannot come to soon for me!

Allah Akbar, brothers and sisters.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you really want to experience true talent, check out Ottis Dewey Whitman, Jr. ...

Todd said...

Was last night's radio Coast to Coast AM?

I totally agree BFish, shows like My Super Sweet 16, Real Wives of Wherever, basically anything on Bravo or MTV is recruiting material for the Mullahs.

k said...

I have long not understood pop culture mainstream America.

Unknown said...

What IS it with you and George Noory? You're so ridiculously practical, cynical, and box-dwelling in almost every other way, and yet you cannot get enough of sunspot-conspiracy theory-alien-radio-man.

It gives me hope.

Billyfish said...

Coast to Coast is the light and the truth. If you hear it there...it has to be true. I like to go to sleep with the comfortable feeling someone out there is paying attention to the really important stuff.

Stephen said...

First, I don't watch talent TV. I didn't even watch one episode of the last American Idol season. However, if the Taliban hate us for shows like this, then why are they watching? Or is it that their cave-dwelling technology can only tune in one station?

On the sunspots, you almost had me going there, billyfish. I went out to NASA website and saw that the sun actually goes through periods of sunspot inactivity. We're probably just seeing a normal cycle.

If you're interested:
http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/SunspotCycle.shtml