Saturday, August 16, 2008

Amarillo by Mornin'

Well shit. Now I have done it. Last month I applied for the District Engineer's position in Amarillo. Got word Thursday, I have an interview next Tuesday for the position. In true TxDOT fashion, I will be interviewing for an Amarillo position, with my Austin based potential boss, in San Antonio. Go figure.

It has been 15 years since I had the one and only interview of my career. Could someone please tell me...are sandals, shorts and Hawaiian shirts still a bad idea in an interview?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about a preview of your upcoming interview?

Todd said...

Not a bad outfit.

Good Luck Bat. I am capable of hating you just as easily if you are in Amarillo with the miracle of the intercom.

Billyfish said...

Thanks, Al...that is almost identical to the interview I imagined whilst driving home this evening. One way or the other, I am ready to get it over with.

Whatup said...

You are willing to move to Amarillo? Really?

Good luck... but Amarillo?