Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Off to The Lake

I will be out of touch for a few days as I go off to meet my Aggie Buddies for the 31st Annual Big, Bad, Bodacious Bonfire and Cheap Wine Party at Possum Kingdom.

Although the bonfire has gotten smaller, nicer and more mundane...and the Cheap Wine is a thing of the past, I always look forward to getting together with these guys to catch up and re-live old times.

That lasts about 90 minutes. And then, they have pissed me off about something. I then begin to question why in the hell I look forward to seeing them every year. I think they do it on purpose. They enjoy it so much, I have acquired yet another nickname..."Mr. Grumpy". When they ask me why I am always in such a bitchy mood, I simply reply, "Look at the people I choose to hang out with!"

I will check back in a few days, assuming I have not been arrested for mass homicide.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun Batface -- your trip to PK is one of the highlights of my year. I know, I need a life.

Anonymous said...

pic from last year's festivities ...

Unknown said...

This one's better...

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of guys in one cabin...

Unknown said...

So how WAS the lake, Batfish? Care to post a synopsis?

Billyfish said...

A great time was had by all. The weather was perfect, and I found a new way to put up with the bullshit proferred by my buddies. Any time I felt my bile beginning to rise, I simply uttered,"It's a beautiful day, and I am at the lake with my buddies." Calmness ensued ( a shot of scotch here and there didn't hurt), and I stayed within my center. I have to admit though, the mantra got harder and harder to say as the weekend went on. By the time I left Sunday, it had morphed into, "It's a beautiful day and I am at the lake with some people who look oddly familiar to me."

The best joke of the weekend was watching a bunch of Aggies trying desperately to get the Sirius satellite set up to listen to the game on Saturday night, only to discover the next day it was on the fucking TV the whole time.

k said...

Gig 'em Aggies.

Unknown said...

THAT'S hysterical. No one really needs to think up new Aggie jokes -- you guys provide plenty of easy fodder all on your own.

Glad you had fun, Bat. Glad you were able to maintain your Zen-like state long enough that none of your friends ended up in cement shoes at the bottom of the lake.

k said...

Zen-like state is directly proportional to scotch intake.