Friday, August 3, 2007

Disaster at The Dos

First round...I won the first four holes and we tied the 5th. For the first time in my life, I began a match by getting way out ahead. I never won another hole, as my opponent rattled of 5 pars and a bogey to win six straight. Basically, my putter abandoned me again. During the six hole stretch, I three putted three times and missed two putts inside 2 feet.

In the end, he won 9 of the last 10 holes, and I lost on the 15th hole...down five.

Now, to get a chance at third place, all I have to do is win three 9 hole matches tomorrow, and another 9 hole match Sunday morning. That would get me into the Consolation 18 hole match Sunday afternoon. Damn, I hate uphill climbs.

More tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bat, is it time to try a belly putter (even V J Singh is using one) or an "old man" putter?