Wednesday, August 1, 2007

How Easily We Get Spoiled

Made it to Gunnison last night at 6:30 p.m. Of course the first thing we have to do is reconnect to the world through the laptop. Gaaaaa...dial-up connection. Khiva and I both had a birthday waiting for the damn thing to download. To make matters worse, both Windows and Macafee were doing their automatic update thing. I could not get this site to finish loading, so I gave up.

This morning, I am sitting in the parking lot of the Alpine Inn, taking advantage of the wireless connection. I have got the virus updates complete and am currently working through the Windows updates.

Thought I would take advantage of the time and make a quick post.

12:10 today, I get to hit the Dos Rios course with a couple of the Old Fart Gang to get reacquainted with the course. Tomorrow at 8:10 is my official practice round. Tomorrow night I attend the Calcutta player auction. Wonder how much I will go for this year. I drew about $175 last year, and I am prepared to invest up to $200 in myself this year. But, the mafia consortium's up here pool their money and buy everybody, so I will probably end up splitting my purchase price with them, and splitting whatever money I happen to win.

Friday begins the match play. The prize for winning your first 18 hole match? You get to turn around and play another 18 hole match immediately. Lose your first match, and you are faced with having to win three 9 hole matches on Saturday to get back into the consolation bracket.

I hope Friday proves to be a long day.

I'll let you know...Al, Damian was wanting updates, as he invested $20 in me himself. Could you forward this link to him again, as this is probably the only place I will be posting results.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

done ... and good luck.

Unknown said...

Golf well Batface -- and don't use a damn cart.

Love ya, dork.

Unknown said...

Click here Batman (warm wishes for you posted on my blog -- this year's equivalent to a good luck card).