Monday, August 13, 2007

Impending Doom - Lifted

It struck me this weekend that my recent feeling of impending doom had lifted. Maybe it was the trip to Colorado...I don't know. But it is gone for now.

I was mowing the yard twice on Saturday. I had to mow it twice to clean up the mess my nephew made of it while we were in Colorado. I think he had the mower in road gear and just mowed in random patterns. There were gouges and burned spots all over and several bales of loose grass left in piles all over the yard.

But it was during the second mowing of the back that I suddenly realized how good I felt, and how much I enjoyed recovering my yard from its butchering. God, I really love this house.

Well...back to living for a while until the next feeling sets in, as I know it will.

5 comments:

Todd said...

Well, I am glad that's over. Now finish cutting the grass.

Anonymous said...

and get those dogs fed!

Unknown said...

You ass.

Billyfish said...

The grass has been cut, the dogs have been fed. Why am I an ass?

Unknown said...

I don't know.

It just seemed to fit at the end of Ed and Al's sentences somehow.