Sunday, July 13, 2008

Club Championship - Day 3

Please refer to the post titled "Club Championship - Day 2".

Having lost on days one and two, I found myself in the lame duck flight. There were 7 flights and each one had two losers who could not win on day 1 or 2. That meant 14 people playing against each other. Lowest score made $50 and second lowest score made $40. Then the lowest two scores adjusted for handicap also made $50 and $40. With a 16 handicap, and a two hour delay due to a massive hail storm that went through the club on Saturday afternoon...I had a decent chance. Mainly because the two hour delay probably meant a lot of the lame duckers would blow off today.

Made par on the first hole, bogey on the second, triple bogey on the third...well, you get the drift. Bottom line...I suck. Shot 94 with only two pars. The good news is, I did not finish dead last. The other loser in our flight shot 105...so he is officially the worst golfer at the club. At one point, he hit his own golf cart with a shot. All we could do at that point was laugh...sure beat crying.

3 comments:

k said...

If I could find a way to muster up the gumption to learn golf, I'd play you. Then, you would be sure to win every time. I am terrible at sports that involve the throwing, catching, rolling or hitting of balls.

You will get there. Keep trying.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you give up golf and join Cousin Ed and me?

Unknown said...

Jesus Al -- you HAVE to quit showing that video. It STILL makes me laugh so hard that I pee in my pants.

I am running out of pants.

God, I WISH Bat would start bowling again...