Friday, October 31, 2008

Why I Hate Contractors - Part 1

I have been busting my ass for over a week to get this damn kitchen ready for new counter tops. As you may recall, I pulled the sink last Sunday in anticipation of an installation sometime this week. Was told Monday, it would happen on Friday.

Missed golf both days last weekend. Blew off my favorite activity of the week on Thursday...missing Thursday Night Talk. Had to leave the solving of the world's problems to rank amateurs. Took Friday afternoon off to put the finishing touches on a few things. Got a call at 2:30 p.m. telling me it would be 2 or 3 more hours before they could get here. They said they could do the install, but it would be 11:00 p.m. or later when they finished.

I said, "Bullshit, you are not installing my $6000 worth of granite in an exhausted stupor." They asked if they could bring the stone over and leave it for the weekend, and come back on Monday. "Sure", said I..."when will you be here...around 7:30...fine."

At 9:00 pm, the stone was finally delivered to my garage, and there it will sit until the contracting gods deem me worthy of an actual install. At least I have the goods in hand. Maybe some of my good friends can come help me lift it into place.

This is the state of the kitchen until further notice.





4 comments:

k said...

What kind of granite did you get? I could at least use my imagination while we wait...

Billyfish said...

We bought the Silestone from Home Depot. The color is Blue Opal. Nice stuff.

Anonymous said...

"Blew off my favorite activity of the week on Thursday...missing Thursday Night Talk. Had to leave the solving of the world's problems to rank amateurs."

Don't worry billy, I've missed more than you and somehow things have worked out...

Unknown said...

ANOTHER clever, clever shoeless-ism in but a matter of days.

Shoeless be hot.