Monday, July 30, 2007

Gunnison - The Annual Pilgramage

I head out tomorrow morning for Gunnison...my future hometown. Khiva and I have made the trip every one of our 16 years together, except for two that I can recall. She did not miss the trip on those occasions, but I did. I missed in '93 as I was finishing the research for my thesis at A&M. The one I still don't understand is when I missed in '01, as I readied our house on 79th Street for sale. Why again was I busily scrubbing a house while my wife was relaxing in Colorado? Dunno...and I guess it doesn't matter now.

Anyway, I will be competing in the Dos Rios Open for the fourth consecutive year. My three finishes to date have been 2nd, stink it up, and 2nd. Let's hope this is not a continuing trend.

I will try and post the occasional update as I find time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gunnison or bust.